The MGA was a sports car produced by the MG division of The British Motor Corporation from 1955 to 1962. It replaced the older “T-type” cars and represented a complete styling break from the older vehicles. The A was officially launched at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 1955.
Only 5,869 cars were sold on the home market, giving the MGA the highest export percentage of any British car. It was replaced by the MGB in May 1962.
This lovely left-hand drive MGA 1600 is finished in the highly attractive colour scheme of Dove Grey with maroon interior. The car was registered in Portugal and has clearly been the subject of a good quality restoration in recent years. The paintwork is in good order with only very minor blemishes and there is certainly no evidence of any rust. The interior is lovely and has benefitted from a high quality re-trim. The engine bay is very sharp and the car starts and drives with ease.
MGAs offer stylish 1950s open-top motoring for a very reasonable outlay and this example certainly looks like great value.